Does anybody play football manager

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by reddevil12, Nov 1, 2010.

1. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

The last one I got was 2009 not decided if I'll get the new one or not :rolleyes:

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Have you downloaded the demo from Steam? I have but haven't had time to play yet.
    Looks like they've added a few features I've been wanting (better player interaction, more contract negotiation options etc) so looking forward to it.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  3. reddevil12

reddevil12 Megabyte Poster

Do you pick the big teams or one of the smaller teams ive done both but i prefer the smaller teams its harder cause of lack of transfer funds....loan deals and free transfers are needed i once took wycombe from 2nd division into the premier league (ahh happy days) :D:D

Certifications: a+
    WIP: 70-270 / 70-680
  4. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I play a few different styles.
    For a long term game it's normally starting unemployed with the lowest rep (Sunday league I think it is). In England that normally means slumming it in the BSN/BSS/BSP for about 8 seasons before a league team will touch me. This is what I call my "career manager" game. I'll see how far I can get before I get bored (usually EPL title plus a good stab at CL).
    My other long term game is those lovely bunch of clodhoppers Barnet. I'll stick with them until I get the boot then it's game over. Took me 11 seasons to get out of the championship last time, mainly because I just got the finances stabilised and had a good core of players ready to build on when the board decided to build a new stadium, which basically cut my wage bill in half :cry: I've never managed the EPL title since FM2008. With Barnet, in 2007 I was multiple CL winner (although there was one season when I lost to Everton in the Lager Cup final, Liverpool in the FA Cup final, Everton in the CL final and Liverpool won the league by one point more than me because Everton beat me in the second last game of the season :cry::cry::cry::cry: Thieving scouse gits :))

I only start as big teams if I fancy a short game in a league I'm not too familiar with or I'm playing a challenge against a friend (for example: we had a round the world challenge, 12 seasons covering all the continents with one season at each club we selected beforehand, points for league positions, domestic and continental cups).
    If I'm playing a network game I usually stick to international teams just because it takes far too long to play a season in a network scenario. Too much waiting around for other people to scout players, make transfers etc.

5. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Language please!!!

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  6. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Yeah, I know. I had to tone it down a bit though, you don't know if any young 'uns are reading.:twisted:

7. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

used to but now I've got the attention span of a turd so have hardly touched FM2010.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  8. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

I do. Been playing since the Amiga days when it was called Championship Manager :biggrin

With FM I tend to play it to death from release to about the beginning of the year, then get bored and stop playing it for a few months then start a new game (usually lower leagues, normally play Prem League). Rinse and repeat :biggrin

Yeah I agree, the game is not impatient people. Alot of micro management and change little things here and there. I enjoy stealing good prospects from other teams and develop them into world class players.

@soundian. I played a network game before once; never again. That was seriously testing my patience. Takes like a few hours to get through a month or two :biggrin

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  9. Kopite_21

Kopite_21 Gigabyte Poster

Oh, the Amiga. I've still got mine!

Anyone play Kick-Off or Sensible Soccer?

Certifications: National Diploma IT Advanced ECDL
    WIP: A+
  10. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

Yeah, that's why we switched to international management only for network games. Very little to do before/after matches and then a few beers and a lot of holidaying until the next squad selection. We could normally get through a season or two in an evening (and quite a few :morebeer ).