Do you think working in IT impresses women?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I have debated this with myself for awhile now; do you think they look at you like you're James Bond? or possibly a nerd thats probably boring lives in a basement writting code and hacking wow accounts?

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I always show them my Linux manual and hear the knicker elastic snapping !

Apexes, JK2447, Jaron78 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

LMAO!

4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Well nerdy or geeky is the new sexy apparently. Depends on the woman really

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  5. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

My Fiance loves it when I talk about Binary and Subnets................................................................

6. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Juelz, you need to get out more.. working in IT doesn't impress women, being intelligent, funny and caring is what counts.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Jaron78 likes this.
  7. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

How did you find a work-around to this?

8. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Lots of money :D and a nice fast car :D

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Juelz likes this.
  9. linuxuser

linuxuser Nibble Poster

Girls love penguins! lol

Times are changing, there are a lot of girls working in IT now

Certifications: ITIL v3, IS Foundation
  10. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

My wife doesn't understand the work I do.... Which is why we make such a good team.... Because neither do I :) boom boom.

In all seriousness why just women? Might impress men too.... Everyone has different expectations. Anyone who can play an instrument or speak a few languages impresses me :) would someone be impressed if you had done well for yourself in any line lf work, odds would be in favour of yes bro Id say

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  11. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I always over hype my job to my misses make her feel Im doing important work holding the IT industry down.

12. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Depends on what contract I tell them about. :)

Best one being when I was brought on as a security consultant and had to investigate fraud at a company. Long story short but I had to wait out in the car park while senior management went in to tell the branch manager what was going on – then I was rushed into the IT department and had to tell everyone to log out (so they couldn’t delete anything).

After that I had to interview all IT staff with my manager (to figure out how their systems were put together) and then collect all data to show how the fraud was done through all the IT systems.

Pleased to say it all went well and some managers resigned before they were sacked. One of my favourite contracts I must admit.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  13. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

I'd say no.

However, i travel a lot for my job around the world, and the conversations i strike up at the hotels about why i'm there usually tends to gain more interest than anything else in IT.

Trying to explain my job is a ConfigMgr administrator to someone with zero IT knowledge is near on impossible, so i just say IT Security, even then that's hit or miss.

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud