Do watch the?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by onoski, Mar 26, 2009.

1. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Apprentice, just watched this programme on the bbc via iplayer and must say I was as nerve racking as probably the contestants were.

There are serveral people of both male and female gender going for the figure six paying job role with working for Sir Alan Sugar. The teams are split into male and female against each other given a task to create a business from scratch with a budget that's not to be spent to the very last penny.

Guess what, the more profit a team rakes in at the end of the task stands a chance to go further. However, someone from each subsequent team is fired for slacking or letting the team down.

Interesting as I love challenges and believe this can be brought into the job place not in an arrogant manner though.

Ultimately, team work and a good assertive team player are highly desirable qualities as is a business acumen:) bring it on as I can't wait for next weeks show.

I find it quite interesting as well as challenging as a lot of people truly talk the talk but unfortunately can't walk the walk. Anyway, do you watch this show?

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Not for me, the people on it are ****s :biggrin

I prefer watching dragons den.

"I dont like you and I dont like your product!" :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

I'm happy to say I have never seen even a single minute of any of the following:
    Dragon's Den
    The Apprentice
    Big Brother
    I'm A Celebrity...
    X Factor
    Britain's Got Talent
    Pop Idol
    ...Or any of the other reality tv talent show bollocks

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  4. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Nerds:) that's why you're a Nerd and not a go getter or a manager now that's the difference:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
  5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Nope. That's why I can spell, construct sentences, converse about things that really matter and know more about theoretical physics than what Sharon f***ing Osbourne had for breakfast

6. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

OH loves the apprentice, I cant stand it every single person on there really grinds my goat! They are all so up themselves its unreal no real world common sense between them just a talent for talking b*****ks. If any of them were my users, they would constantly be in the sin bin GPO and getting BOFH treatment.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  7. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

They've had this show on American cable for a few years now, it stars Donald Trump, the uber-rich jacka** from New York City. I've hated this show for a long time and only watched part of the first season, I don't have cable television any longer, there is never anything worthwhile on. If I want to watch a program I wait for it to come to DVD and I order it through Netflix.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  8. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well I certainly don't proclaim to know it all:) its all good.

9. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Apart from sports, nature programmes & the odd documentary, these are the only things I watch on TV:

Lost
    Dexter
    Scrubs
    The Office (the US version)
    Futurama
    Family Guy
    The Simpsons
    House
    Penn & Teller Bull****
    Re-runs of Seinfeld, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, Everybody Hates Chris and King Of Queens
    Curb Your Enthusiasm

I also enjoyed 'Damages' and the first season of Prison Break - but pretty much everything else is 'meh'

10. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Im with Zeb on this, even tho i find myself watching bits and bobs of programs like the apprentice or dragons den i do get pissed off with some of the candidates who think they have the god given right and will literally stab someone in the back if they thought it would allow them to be sir alans puppet until he got bored.

Well ive been thinking and id love to actually go on the program and win the ****er, but then when he offers me the job, id patronise him and his crappy products(i know hes rich from them) then say you know what beardy *****, YOUR FIRED.

Oh well, we can all have our little dreams cant we

As for dragons den, duncan bannatyne, is there any point on him being in there, has he invested in anyone yet in any of the series, and was it like a meeting santa moment, youve heard the rumours thats hes there, but when you tell someone, they think you talking hit cos its a myth.

Anyway rant over

ZX

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680