Do i go too far

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Mr.Cheeks, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Seriously, with these images that i post, am i going to far?

Too me, im dont think i am, what do you lot think?

2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Yes, without a doubt. . . . .na, im just kidding:) They dont offend me but i cant speak for everyone on here.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

Nope, no offence taken here so far :banned

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Personally, from what I can recall - I've never been offended.

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

do you think its entering into the realm of NSFW?

6. TimoftheC

TimoftheC Kilobyte Poster

If you mean Not Safe for Work, I suppose it depends who you work for, what their policies and who else gets to see it :)

Where I work, no one gets on my PC and no one sees what I do on the net (hence, I can post here) so I suppose I could post what the f#@k I like :biggrin

Why anyhows - you getting some criticisms?

Certifications: A+; Network+
    WIP: MCDST???
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I'm offended and disappointed.......

that there aren't more chubbies.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Perhaps, I'm missing something, do you mean your Avatar image or something else...

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  9. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

No way, keep 'em coming

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  10. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

the fat lady on all fours seem to rattle a few cages, but all good fun to me.I also say keep them coming and that is with a "O" not a "U".:eek::rolleyes::biggrin

WIP: C++ and A+
  11. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I don't think also, but then again, it's just my opinion :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I work in a very public area. People walk by me all the time and have a good view of my monitor. If the boss is walking by and happens to see that I'm looking at an image at CF that includes some fabulously attractive woman hosing herself off with one hand and putting her other hand down her pants...it's bound to raise a question or two. Keep in mind there's generally a 7 hour time difference between most of you and me, so when you're home after work, posting these images, I'm still "slaving away".

Cheeks, it comes down to stopping and thinking before posting certain images (and I like bikini clad young women as well as the next guy). I know in the spirit of "fun", we all can get carried away from time to time, but consider how at least *some* of the images you post might be perceived in the average workplace.

Thanks for asking. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Im signed in on opera mini so cant tell but does this forum not have spoiler tags? That way the images can be posted yet the thread remains safe to view at work. I dont think its generally a case of the images causing offence, just inappropriate viewing in some circumstances.

WIP: A+
  14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Although I have a private office, that doesn't stop the admins here from checking out the browsing history... and if they see I'm checking out pictures which some people might deem NSFW, then they might not be too happy with me. I can always avoid links and threads marked NSFW... but there's not much I can do when an NSFW image is posted within a thread, ya know? If I was at home, it wouldn't be as much of a problem (ya know, until the wife decides to check browsing history... :oops:).

Thanks, Cheeks. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I guess it depends on what the spoiler tag does... simply hides images, or prevents images from being downloaded in the first place. If the former is true, then that does nothing to prevent the image from showing up in the logs of your browsing history...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  16. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

Does that mean you posted this at 6:04 this morning??!!:eek:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  17. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Yes. That's right.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  18. Dullage

Dullage Byte Poster

You say that so calmly, I mean I start work at 6 but people normally gasp with shock and horror when I tell them! And I'm certainly not concious enough to post on CF.

Good effort Trip :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network +
  19. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

With my staff hat on - We have to be very aware that everything posted here has to be seen to be safe. Working in a school everything that appears on my monitor HAS to be safe and if it isn't then I could be in a whole lot of trouble. That is the rule of thumb that I try to work with.

Personally, it takes a lot to offend me, certainly not pictues of tubbies. Peoples actions are more likely to get me going, ignorance, racism, sexism, taking the p**s of those who may be less knowledgable than others, basically being nasty to anyone. I realise that in the real world it goes on, but if I can do my bit to make this world a better place then I will.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  20. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Very true.
    By spoiler tags I do mean that it hides the picture, is ok in the case of stopping people seeing something over your shoulder, but as you pointed out, it wouldnt help with the browsing history, so back to square 1

WIP: A+