Do I apply for new job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Wireless_Snake, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Wireless_Snake

Wireless_Snake Nibble Poster

Well a little unsure what to do. Recently in the local news paper my old school has advertised for a network techie role ideally this would be a great opportunity for me to start in a more practical role. If I was to get this new role it would be £60000 extra pay with a more practical role.

BUT... the role I currently have I teach and the new year has just started 3 weeks ago and currently I am the only Cisco certified instructor so if I left student might not have access to cisco material. Not sure what to do the school techie job sounds like ideal role but I would feel guilty to leave.

Any advice would be good. What would you do in my position. Bearing in mind I would need to apply first I might not even get the role.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) Computer Network Tech, CCNA, CCAI
    WIP: CCNP, VCP 5, SCP
  2. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

Check the salary is in line with the final scales from the equal pay review bollocks as you may find it may change.

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  3. Wireless_Snake

Wireless_Snake Nibble Poster

lol just noticed I meant to have £6000 extra. It's not about the money but more about the practical job.

Certifications: BSc (Hons) Computer Network Tech, CCNA, CCAI
    WIP: CCNP, VCP 5, SCP
  4. ChrisH1979

ChrisH1979 Byte Poster

I read it as £6000 anyway :)

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA, MCTS:Win 7, Application Infrastructure
    WIP: MCITP:EA
  5. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

And there you have it! Apply for it first before you even start to worry about whether or not you should take it. If you apply and dont get it, choice is made for you, if you do get offered the role then you can think about if you should accpet it. It might be that in teh interview the job description turns out not to meet what you'd expect or there may be something else that puts you off. Or it might just be amazing and you'd be a fool to say no.

Until you apply and get an interview theres no sense worrying about it.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,