Disapointed at Prometric Customer Service

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by twizzle, Oct 1, 2008.

1. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well iwas scheduled to take my 70-271 today right now. However on my way to the test center (30miles away) my car broke down. So i got towed home.

Now i tried ringing the test center and all i get was a BT answer phone (makes me wonder if teh test centers legit, there was no mention of company name etc just the "Caller can not take your call please leave a message") So i thought i'd try calling Prometric to see what happens next, if i could possibly reschedule or if i had lost the exam.

Well lets say i didnt enjoy the phone call with thier customer services. I was put through to some one foreign (please note this is not a slight on foriegn people, but i was calling a UK number so was suprised, though i dont know why), who was very abrupt to say the least.
    I asked if it was possible to reschedule as the car breaking down was not something i could predict, and was told very rudley in my opinion, that No i couldnt as there were buses trains taxis etc taht i could have taken. Now bearing in mind the trains to the town where the test center is requires me to make 2 changes and 1 1/2 journey, it would have cost me over £60 by taxi and there are no buses from my town to taht town, the car was teh sensible choice. How would teh Customer service person know if there were otehr transport options open to me, there might not have been. They didnt even sound sorry or even try to be helpful, it was a plain NO then end of convo.

Now, ok, so i should have checked the car, but i wouldnt have known it was going to break down. I made oplans to leave with plenty of tiem to get to the test center and park up. So i did try to get there. And yes i was expecting them to say "sorry but you have lost your money and will have to resist the exam, i just wasnt prepared for teh rudness of the support person.

Has anyone else had bad (or good) experiences with Prometrics Customer Service?

I'm going to rebook teh exam when i've calmed down, just hope the MS 2nd shot registered and i can use that. (BTW what should i do if i find out the test center doesent exist anymore? i did leave a message and will try rining again later today, but if tehy dont call back or i cant get through should i assume teh worst? cn i go back to prometric then and say the center i booked at has closed down?)

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Such is life, but not to worry and give it another go some other time. Best wishes:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

So you wont get reinbursed?

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I just have a problem with Prometric in general. This includes setting up a Prometric testing centre is alot more difficult than setting up a Vue centre. With Vue you could have used an exam voucher and a 2nd shot voucher together, with Prometric you can't. So far I've had no problems with any of my exams with Vue, but apart from 2 exams I had problems with every single exam I've taken with Prometric.

Microsoft will not acknowledge any of my e-mails regarding Prometric, so I'm not surprised...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I once had a flat tire on the way to an exam. They initially told me that they wouldn't let me reschedule for free. When I told them that I took all of my exams through them, and if they wouldn't reschedule me, I'd use Vue exclusively, they changed their mind and allowed me to reschedule "just this once". 8)

I originally had a big problem with Vue... since I had taken my first few CompTIA and Microsoft and Cisco exams with Prometric, Vue took it upon themselves to assign me a user name of their choosing... something I'd never remember. All this was done without my knowledge, so when I took my first Vue exam (for Checkpoint), I created my own user name. When I decided to use Vue for a Microsoft exam, I found I couldn't register because my Microsoft ID was linked to that other account! :blink

I explained the problem to Vue, and they said they couldn't merge the accounts. :dry Weeeeeeak! So... I refused to use Vue for anything other than the vendor exams that were linked to the account I created.

Fast forward two years later... without any additional prompting from me, Vue automagically merged my accounts together into the account I had created. And I haven't had a *single* problem with them since. Their customer service has been fantastic, and I much prefer their Web site and reservation process. When I have a choice, I tend to use Vue unless the times I want aren't available through them.

So... I agree, I think Microsoft chose poorly (and Cisco chose wisely).

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. RickUK

RickUK Nibble Poster

That's not positive to hear!

I am with Prometric. I used my MS Press voucher to book the exam at a saving. Prometric have sent me an email with a Second Shot voucher.
    We shall see..

R

WIP: 70-271
  7. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You can only do MS exams with prometric now anyway.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?