Dinner Party

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kat731, May 19, 2007.

1. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi all,

just watching TV and saw somethin about a dinner party wish list.. Dont know if this has been done, did a search but cant see anythin...

So, got me thinking, if you could give a dinner party, who would you invite? Living or dead? Five people, six including yourself!!

Me?
    • Jimi Hendrix
    • Lord Nelson
    • Cleopatra
    • Steve McQueen
    • Elvis Presley
    Jimi, Steve and Elvis could chat about the sixties, Nelson could use the salt/pepper/tom sauce to recreate the battle of the Nile/Trafalgar etc, while i get to know Cleo!!!!!

Dont know if it says something that all my guests are actually dead!! but there ya go....

Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  2. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Hmmm.... good question.

I'd go for the following:

• Stephen Hawking
    • Julius Caeser
    • Catullus
    • Till Lindemann (Rammstein lead singer)
    • Terry Goodkind

Mine's mainly a literature thing. I can discuss classics and structure and all sorts of yumminess; I can discuss the modern science theories that fascinate me with Stephen. And I can sit and gawp at Till between courses.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

well if we're limited to just five thats hard....

1. Issac Asimov
    2. John Belushi
    3. Robin Williams
    4. Billie the kid

and for number 5 it would have to be me passed away Grandma on my dad's side. Why? cause she died when i was young (about 9) and i have fond memories of the times spent with her and i just wish i had the chance to know her better. She was a true woman of Sheffield complete with yorkshire puddings and a pint of stone's best for the sunday roast!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

My dinner party wouldn't be about me being enthralled with the wit and humor and knowledge and accomplishments of five others... my dinner party would be about five people being enthralled with the glory and honor of One:

1. Jesus Christ
    2. My wife
    3. My mother
    4. My father
    5. One of my siblings
    ...and me. Though, I'd willingly trade my spot with my brother or sisters.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I haven't wanted to enter into this but I suppose I must... at least in response to Michael's choices.

Jesus Christ. or Yeshua HaMachiach (there are no hard "J" sounds in Hebrew and Aramaic) is with us always.

Paul the Apostle
    Albert Einstein
    Issac Asimov
    Moses
    King David

Except for Asimov, the other guests would be aligned with the beliefs of G-d's Torah, grace, mercy, and justice. I could only hope that as a Jew, Issac would see his background and heritage, and claim what is truly his...and all of ours; Jew or Gentile, grafted in or natural branches to the root of Jesse.

Certifications: A+ and Network+