Digital electronics for A+ ?

Discussion in 'A+' started by vivek_master146, Feb 2, 2009.

1. vivek_master146

vivek_master146 Bit Poster

Is it necessary to learn about analog, ohm's law, flip-flops, memory organization, i/o bus and i/o ports etc.... to do COMPTIA A+.

I have inquired in several institutes. They are providing A+ TRAINING which includes basic digital electronics and then comptia a+. Why its necessary ?

I just want to go through training and not certification. Its just my hobby to know some hardware basics and working of computer. I want to go into application development field in .net.

2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

have a look at the objectives for A+ at CompTIA's website.
    whats listed there is what you need to know

3. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

Not really. You don't get many questions relating to power/voltage/resistance (it's more about what affect it has on components- IF anything). You might get questions on I/O buses/ports (i.e. which is which) but these are pretty easy to remember.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If it's in current study material then you may or may not get questions on it in your exams. Everyones exams are different so you may get questions on i/o ports etc where as I didn't.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?