Digital Camera recommendations

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by flex22, Oct 2, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I just need something cheap and that does the job.
    I'd like to take photos of the inside of my pc maybe, or diff hardware as I buy it, so I can build some kind of graphical inventory.
    Anyway I'm not really sure of the details on that, but for now I'd like a camera anyway.

So recommendations please.

2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Have a quick surf on the hw supplier sites you know of. I have a Casio QV-R51 which I would recommend to anyone but I think for you it would be more than 200£.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I have a Fuji S7000, cost about 600 quid tho (i got it cheaper in the US)
    but saying that I would recommend any of the fuji cameras, have used quite a few

also Sony cameras are good, and Olympus

check out www.dpreview.com

and ill dig up the link for the cheap camera site in the UK

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I once read that even though you can get cheap digital cameras these days, getting one that actually makes it worth it costs at least £200.

Maybe I should wait until I can afford a decent one, hmmm.

Man I saw a flock of geese flying across town the other dayThe clouds were grey and looked like they were ready to burst.The sun was just holding out and was breaking through parts of the clouds, illuiminating the geese.It was as if the sun was guiding them on their journey.
    It would have made a brilliant photo, so frustrating I didn't have a camera on me.

Edit:Nice link Pheonix, just what I've been looking for.Thanks

5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I know what you mean flex. Little things like that happen all the time and usually only 'once in a lifetime'. It really pays sometimes to have it on you all the time. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

then you wont want the S7000 :)
    i tend to take it to events, LAN Parties, and holidays, its too big to take around town for those just in case moments

my friend has a sony, little thing that came with a belt case
    he takes it loads of places and is always snapping

i wouldnt say you need one more than 200 quid
    depends on your uses to be honest, 200 quid will get you a pretty fair mid range model, 400 - 600 a semi pro
    1k and up will get you professional, digital SLR, kind of jobby

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I bought a HP R707 for £189 from comet online. Excellent camera, really stylish and 5 mega pixels so the quality is top notch. Also takes video with sound and has loads of features. Flex a good place to look for reviews and prices is www.dcviews.com and www.steves-digicams.com hope this helps.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

How about just a notepad and pen, Flex - that was just beautiful.....

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  9. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Thanks SLypie, I'll check those links out.189 quid doesn't sound too bad, I'll definitely consider that camera.

Thanks Jak.I just described it as I saw it.