Different path

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by zxspectrum, Mar 23, 2018.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hello

So, I have finally started my new role and this week has mainly consisted of me learning lots of new things and millions of meetings.

Looking at what i need to do so far to help me out is learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript. On top of that I reckon Shibboleth, LDAP and SaaS as well.

I will also need to rejoin the gym as I am not getting the usual mileage on the old step counter.

So far my head seems to have been blasted with information, I just hope some of that sticks in

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

I've worked with most of the above so let me know if you get stuck.

3. zxspectrum

Cheers Dave

4. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

@zxspectrum did you make it out of helpdesk/desktop support? Weldone brother!

5. zxspectrum

Yeah. I was frustrated where I was. There was no progression and the boss wasnt exactly helpful when it came to me asking for relevant training. Also I was doing things in my sleep so there was no challenge.

So the new role is totally different, I work as part of a team rather than on my own. The bonus is the extra money and the scope for progression is rather good.

dmarsh likes this.
  6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Glad things worked out for you, is this more a programming role?

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Hey Ed,

What's the role, interesting to see a mix of web content / Cloudy type stuff (SSO / LDAP / SaaS etc).

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  8. zxspectrum

Well, it just so happens that we are moving to a SaaS set up and were also looking to implement SSO. My role is to trouble shoot and support users, we have the services managed from Holland.