Different GPU manufacturers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Baba O'Riley, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Hi everybody...

I'm thinking of buying a Geforce 7800 GTX (great timing guys, I was just about to plump for a 'meagre' Radeon X850 Platinum Edition), and I was wondering if anyone has really seen a difference in quality between different card manufacturers. The reason I ask is that there's a £50 price difference between the Leadteak and Gigabyte editions.

If I knew I was getting a better product I'd happily pay for the Gigabyte, but does it really make a big difference?

Cheers

Baba.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Sorry I cant help, I was just going through the unaswered posts and saw you hadnt had a reply.

Feel free to -BUMP- a thread after 24 hours if you dont get a reply.

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Baba O'Riley

Thanks Si. I didn't bother bumping the thread as I decided to go ahead and order the more expensive card as it came with a good software bundle. You gets whats you pays for.

4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

in some cases no
    and in some yes
    generally well known vendors cost more, but they are also more reliable, and have more experiance in the industry

i for instance, only buy Asus cards, this may expand as i hear good reports from other manufacturers who may be able to offer stuff asus does not, but at the moment, its been Asus for the last few years, and its likely to stay that way

sure they cost a bit more, but i get what i pay for, and thats no problems! :)
    ive heard horror stories from people who buy cheap crap, granted theres no gurantee thats soley the card, it could be a combination of all the cheap crap they buy, so i cant comment more than that :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. Baba O'Riley

I agree phoenix. I'm always wary when there's a much cheaper option as usually there's a good reason why it's much cheaper!