Difference in Exams

Discussion in 'A+' started by Gav, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I've been revising for the A+ with the Mike Myers' Passport book. It's a great book and I'm feeling really confident about sitting the exams.

Thing is, I have no idea what's on the A+ Essentials exam, and what's on the 220-602 - I've just been studying 'A+'

With that in mind, do you think it would be a good idea to sit the two on the same day? Seems like a logical way to go about it to me - Study hard for the whole A+ then get it all out of the way on the same day.

Thoughts?

- Gav

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

how can you study for something if you do not know what to study?

If you have compTIA A+ all in one exam guide 6th edition by MIke Meyers the objectives are on the first few pages.

If you read page xxvi of the passport book then it gives you a basic readout of what all of the exams cover but not as in depth as the AIO.

Remember the passport book is for revision only and not to study from.

you could also visit the compTIA website to find out too

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I know most of the A+ content, I'm revising it for the purpose of taking the exam. The Passport book doesn't say 'this is in essentials, and this is in 602' it just lumps it all together, which is fine.

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you shouldn't be grouping things into one section anyway, you could get a question on how to do something in windows on essentials and get a follow up more in depth question on the same topic in the 602.

The main objectives are on the compTIA website like the essentials covering safety issues etc.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I just read a book passed the first exam easily so i decided to go for the seccond exam and passed with 850/900 i dont think that they is any major diffrence between the two exams if you pass the first one you are most likely to pass the seccond.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Although you have *probably* covered everything, I would suggest you goto the Comptia website, print off the objectives for each exam and have a browse. That way, if there is anything you have missed, you can research it etc.. if not, Bobs your mothers brother, go for it, both on the same day if your feeling confident! :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. Phiggles

Phiggles Bit Poster

All the exams flow accross eachother as such, so in all of them u will still have OS but more in 1 than the other so you dont want to just concentrate on trying to find just essentials stuff as some will still be rellivant to the other exams.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: 70-270
  8. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

I'm going to call the exam centre up tomorrow and ask if they could book a provisional slot for the afternoon.

I'll sit the A+ Essentials first thing, and depending on how well that goes, sit the 602 in the afternoon ;)

9. systempsyche

systempsyche Nibble Poster

Both are very similar and not too hard as you may think. However i did have the 601 and 602 books as opposed to the "all in one".

Good luck anyway

Certifications: A+, network+, server+, mcdst, mcp, ccent
    WIP: mac integration, ACSP, ACTC