Diablo 3, yes you heard right, Diablo 3

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Kitkatninja, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To all thoughs that loved Diablo 1, 2 & LOD, check out blizzard's website here. It's currently in development and there is no release date, but it will be release for Windows and Mac.

I can't wait :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

Oh crap! I have WAY too much work to do, and this would sidetrack me soooo bad. 1, 2, and LOD were fond memories though....:twisted:

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I hereby announce my retirement from the forums, as I will have no free time left to post on them.

I would also like to announce my resignation from my job, the divorce of my wife, and the sale of my kids on eBay. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I heard about this today on a channel on sky called Pulse. Its a channel dedicated to video games and PC lan gaming apart from the female wrestling it shows at night.:D

Although they didn't confirm it was Diablo 3 the spokesman from Blizzard said new games coming thats gonna rock

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

mmmmmmm I feel I will be following BM into the abyss.

My mate at uni had the only pc between the four of us friends. I bought D2 and we installed it on his machine. it rapidly progressed to the point where we were all watching each other play, waiting for our turn.

oh the fun. i remember one of us have a stack of random items in his cube, and us daring him to click the transmute button ("you never know, something cool might happen"). Imagine our surprise when the cube did its glowy thing and transmuted all his items into.... a flawed amethyst (he'd missed the three amethysts in the cube). He never heard the end of it.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. fortch

fortch Kilobyte Poster

<whistle>
    There might have to be a CF campaign night once a week (or two)...
    </whistle>

Certifications: A+,Net+,Sec+,MCSA:Sec,MCSE:Sec,mASE
  7. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I probably played Diablo 2 more than any other game I can remember. I even re-installed it and started building a new character on realms last summer (level 89 warrior btw). Hopefully Diablo 3 will be able to live up to D1 & D2. Strangly though I'm more looking forward to Fallout 3 at the momen. That is fairly iminnent though.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  8. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+
  9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I never really got into Diablo series gaming, I also started playing it really late, around last summer but never really got far in it. The game that I am waiting for is StarCraft 2.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. Robs12

Robs12 New Member

Oh man Diablo 3. Thats half my study time gone.

Certifications: BA(Hons) Music
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  11. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

So it's another Duke Nukem Forever then? VAAAAAPORWAREEEEE!!!! :police:police:juggle:lolbang:menmedarl:gaz

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  12. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Mmmm... I don't think so. Blizzard doesn't play like that.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  13. tomshawk

tomshawk Byte Poster

I know its an old thread but what the heck.

Dialo III is in Beta as we speak.

No difinative release date but when Blizzard goes Beta, that usually means 6 months barring a Catastrophy

So think around March. ;)

Get yourself over to the Battle.net website and Opt into the Beta, Maybe you'll get lucky. ;)

Certifications: MCSE/NT4, MCP/2K3, MCP+I, CCNA, Net+, A+
  14. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

I'll ask a few questions related to that game.

My system has intel GMA 4500M HD graphics chipset and as far as i make a research, it appears this
    chipset is not supported by diablo 3. However, i did the same for certain games i have been playing
    on that chipset such as Witcher 2, fifa 12 and nba 2k11 even Witcher 2 tells the same thing
    for my chipset but not specifically by noting that ATI and NVIDIA chipsets are supported.

First question; What does unsupported graphics chipset exactly mean? "it doesn't meet the minimum reqs" is
    not the answer i expected. I mention whether the game developers write codes for that specific hardware
    is indicated ""supported hardware"" ?

Second question ; may updating video drivers make an unsupported graphics chipset possible to be supported?

Certifications: CCNA
  15. TheMagician

TheMagician Nibble Poster

As you've discovered, it's not unusual to be able to play a game despite the chipset not being officially supported.

If Witcher 2 runs OK then I'd take a guess that you might be OK for Diablo III, who knows thoough?

It's always worth updating to the latest graphics card drivers anyway. You could also check to see if anyone is on the Diablo III beta with a similarly specced machine.

Certifications: MCSA 2012, MCITP: EA, SA, ITIL
  16. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To be honest, running a game on an unsupported graphics card may work. However you may find that the graphics cardsrefresh rate that the game requires is affected (leading to stuttering) or that during certain points you'll experience random game crashes or freezes.

Apart from that they have not released the system spec's for Diablo 3 yet, so I wouldnt' worry about it until then. You could see what the beta game testers are using, however I would take that with a pinch of salt as the system requirements can change during this period.

By the way, there is no need to double post.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security