Diablo® III Open Beta Weekend

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Kitkatninja, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Can't wait for the release on the 15th for the full game :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Downloading the client as we speak...

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Neither can I!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

not sure im overly enamored with it
    its clearly the best isometric style action RPG on the market, but im not sure it was worth the wait, i mean seriously? it doesnt seem like its added a ton of 'innovation' I usually expect better from blizz :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

I'm not going near another Blizz game again, lost 2 months of my life on that frackin WoW game and glad that MoP looks pants or it could have been longer

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  6. Fergal1982

I actually like it. There are improvements to the game over D2, but it remains enough like D2, that it's a bit nostalgic - very good.

Like the Monkey Island Special Editions, what D3 almost does is let you play a game you remember from your youth, without the disenchanting ****ty graphics. I've played the beta campaign as a monk so far (and I like it), and on the way with the wizard (good, but not as good IMO).

The skill system is a bit... strange to be honest. I like that it effectively makes you think about your kit-out - whilst you can change mid-play, there is a cooldown before you can use the spells. It drastically reduces the number of skills you need to think about, which is good (especially so for PVP I suppose, although that's not really my thing). It reminds me a little of Guild Wars, in that you can only work with a limited selected at a time.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  7. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I can't even sign in to play... servers are busy lol...

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  8. Fergal1982

They capped the populations on the servers at some point on Friday. Keep trying. It is a stress test weekend though, so I expect there to only be a couple of servers running, in order to ensure that the server is maxed out.

9. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I've only managed to play 5 mins of it so far, logged on this afternoon only for a message to come up say that they well be shutting down the server (I assume for patching). Haven't been able to log on since then :(

However from what I've played of it, I like it - like D1 & D2 with updated graphics :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  10. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

i completed it as a monk too
    personally i like the graphics, they were really nice, probably the same way i like Wows cartoony graphics, they just sit better with me
    and personally, if i can play minecraft, graphics obviously are not the be all and end all to me :)

in other news, logging into my battle.net account for the first time this year shows me my wow account has been banned, im a little concerned about that, i have not played since November AND have the mobile dial in authentication, ****ing blizzard

I suppose Blizz are not known for revolution though, they never have been :)

11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I finally got in and was able to play up until level 6 then got booted out.. Initial thoughts, well I do like the game and I will probably get it.. Although I thought it would feel a lot better... I guess I am just used to WoW and that it feels different. I didn't get into D1 or D2 much so this type of game play is going to take getting used to.

@Phoenix, my friend got his account banned too.. he had the mobile authenticator and everything.. Took 3 days to get back. I honestly don't know what they do. Was your account hacked by any chance?

12. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

no idea, as i have not been actively playing it i have no idea what gives :)