1. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Should DFS replicate the modify date/time stamp from the source to the target(s)? Question relates to DFS running on Windows 2003...

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Yes it does.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Thanks Sparky.

Is there a setting to enable/disable this? I dont believe there is but it seems I have DFS replicating files/folders but the source and target date/time stamps do not match. What I have noticed is that when the folders start replicating from the source to the target they seem to initially have the date/time stamp from the source but then the date/time stamp changes to the current date/time, once the file/folder is fully replicated it keeps that moment in times date/time and therefore does not match the date/time stamp the source has.

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Strange one - I check the modify date\time to troubleshoot DFS issues. Could anything be changing the date\time for modify on the server - AV, Backup etc.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. Makaveli

Makaveli Byte Poster

Not sure what is causing this, ive never come across it before. Anyone got any ideas?

6. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

Did it come with no deposit and 4 years interest free credit??

(sorry bad joke - just purchased a new sofa)

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...