Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Course at QA

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by SimonD, Jun 14, 2012.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

This week I have found myself in training at QA for the Deploying System Center Configuration Manager 2012 course, having attended the 5 day Config Manager 2007 course many years ago I wasn't sure how this was going to pan out but I have been impressed so far.

In days of old Microsoft had two different courses for the old SMS products, with Config Manager 2007 they compressed it down to a single 5 day course and I wasn't over impressed with the course content.

Move forward to 2012 and Microsoft realised the error of their ways and returned the format to two courses, the Deploying (3 days) and the Administering (5 days).

On the old 2007 course you never actually got to install the product and for those of you who have experienced the installation routine will know, it's not exactly a straight forward product to install (actually, that's a lie, it's the pre-reqs that are a pain).

Anyway I am on day 2 of the Deploying course now and am just completing install # 6 :o a far cry from the 2007 course :)

As it currently stands I am not attending the Administering course (the Deployment course is courtesy of our SA points earned over the last year and it didn't add up to two training courses for me :().

The course content is still considered beta (even tho the product itself is now live) but on the whole the course has been well presented and informative (I haven't taken the time to look at 2012 yet due to me knowing I will want to implement it at work and not being able to) and the attendees are all experienced Config Manager engineers (again a far cry from the earlier course where people didn't really know what Config Manager was and had never used it or SMS in their day to day jobs.

Over all the impression I have from this course has been positive and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend QA as a provider for this course.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    dales likes this.
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

This is something that I'd love to do... Just don't have the time or the cash at the mo :(

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Nice! I actually deployed SCCM 2012 in a test environment and definitely like it a lot more than the previous version :).

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  4. Monkeychops

Monkeychops Kilobyte Poster

Who are thy using as the instructor for this one?

5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Paul G

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA