Dell laptop fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mof, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

The fans on the laptop are not working one fan is easy to get to the other seem to involve taking the bottom of the case of street smart and myers book dont seem to tell me how to get to the secound fan. have taken all screws out but does not want to come apart it is a dell inspiron can any one steer me in the right direction of how to access the internal fan.
    cheers Martin

WIP: C++ and A+
  2. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

support.euro.dell.com

IF you go to to technical support, select your laptop, and view the manual, it should have the instructions to remove the components.

Tbh if its under warranty, phone dell, it will be fixed for this time tomorrow. Even if its not under warranty, phone them, they will diagnose the fault over the phone

WIP: LIFE
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Most of dell laptops keyboard needs coming off first before you can get to the motherboard components. Unscrew and take off the keyboard and then you should be able to reach the fan etc.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

should the Microprocessor Thermal-Cooling Assembly fan come on straight away, both fans have stopped working should I just change both or is there a test i shoud do first, cheers for the help.

WIP: C++ and A+