Decision made!!

Discussion in 'Server+' started by Malnomates, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

No surprise that I'm going to sit the server+ cert given this is the Server+ froum :rolleyes:

Before I start on this little venture I'll ask a previously asked question that hopefully has a few updated answers..

What training materials are considered worthy for this cert?

I ask this because there seems to be a distinct lack of books and training packages for server+ and I don't want to throw my money away on a lemon, know what I mean peeps?

Certifications: A+ Network+
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

its been a while since a Server+ guide was released and the ones out there are apparently outdated. SGUK if im not mistaken took this exam a while ago..lets hope he can shed some light on it for you.

The only book i know that is up-to-date is Server+ Certification Exam Cram 2

Note you going to have to make sure all your material is for exam SKO-002

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Zimbo's right about the material, not a lot out there. I used the Server+ Exam Cram book that Zimbo links too.

Because that book isn't necessarily fantastic I also found myself googling for info on subjects that the book wasn't particularly strong on.

Past industry experience helped a lot with this cert for me.

Good Luck Mal.

8)

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

How about Scott Mueller's Upgrading and Repairing Servers (Hardcover) . It's not certification specific but Mueller has been a big name in PC repair books for years. I tend to discount the single poor review since Mueller's books have always been detail oriented to the extreme.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Malnomates

After reading the Groth N+ tome I find 'detailed to the extreme' a necessity. I'll take a look at that Trip and I'm also considering the Transcender training package (e learning,cd and exam sims).

6. Malnomates

did someone mention Security+? :rolleyes:

7. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

Not recently, why?:biggrin

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  8. Malnomates

hold on for another change of direction folks! My role in work has changed dramatically over the last few months and Server + is most definately my next step. After that I'm off to fry my miniscule brain with tons of microsoft courses, so i'm told, eep!:blink