Decent CD burning software

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cockles, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Hi guys

Does anyone have any recommendations on some good, simple software I could download to burn CDs and DVDs?

I recently got Nero 7 with a new burner I bought and wanted to create a regular audio CD out of a load of MP3 files. When I tried to do this, I got told I needed to get some plug-ins from the Nero website. Couldn't find them for love nor money, but I could however buy Nero Ultra Enhanced Edition for about 40 jib, which to be frank I don't want to as I can't stand Nero and sick of them leading you to believe they are supplying full software yet giving you a quarter of the real thing.

Otherwise, do you know if when you use CD wizard on XP, can it create audio CDs or does it always create data CDs?

Thanks very much. Praise the lord for Fridays.....

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Personaly I still use Nero 5.5

That was before it became the bloat that it is today.

Another program That I have is CD Burner XP Pro Its free and quite good.

8)

3. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I have 5.5 somewhere, I might just go back to that. Does it do DVD's though? I can't remember if it supports that.

I'll give your link a try, thanks pal

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

If you want to burn music cd, you can use Windows Media player to burn music to a CD. For data files just use windows built-in one via explorer (CD ONLY). Vista support DVD writing (if you're using that).

As for me I have the full verison of Nero 7, it may have a cost to it, but it lets me do everything I want data to music to DVD's.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Cheers Ken

I know I'm being daft, but I just don't want to use Nero out of principle, I really don't like them and don't to give them my hard-earned loot. To be honest though, all I ever really need to do is make audio and data CDs, possibly data DVDs and copy DVD movies (not illegally, may I add) and I think between XP CD wizard, my half-pint Nero 7 and CD Burner XP Pro that I just downloaded, I should be able to do that.

6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No you're not, it's always going to be down to personally pref when it comes to using software, otherwise there'd be only one software producer out there :) I just use Nero cause I'm lazy. Oh, I didn't mean to imply copying dvd illegally, I meant converting personal avi's (birthdays, Chirstmas's, etc to dvd format so that family members can watch them without a PC).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

You could use DVDDecrypter or DVD Shrink to burn films onto DVD's

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well I use Nero 7 (also have the version for Vista) and yeah it has niggles...but I have always used it since version 5. whatever...lol...but like AJ says DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink will help u along...cant go wrong :biggrin

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

It is a shame that software doesn't necessarily improve, for some reason it just gets bloated with rubbish and slow.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Looks like we have a new bot posting on this forum...

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  11. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Been reported :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  12. kfoulks2011

kfoulks2011 Bit Poster

i use a 4 or 5 year old copy of Roxio that came with an old dell machine i used to have. It does everything i need it to. I never was a big fan of Nero. I used Roxio when i was in school and i guess it just stuck with me. Im not exactly sure what a paid version of Roxio costs though.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCP (70-270)
    WIP: 70-680
  13. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im using nero 9, been using nero since version 5 or so. I dont install any bloat though, the only part i actually install is nero burning rom, it does everything i need, and i know it inside out as i used it for years when i used to work in CD and DVD manufacture :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house