Debian Installer etch beta 3 Released

Discussion in 'News' started by zimbo, Aug 13, 2006.

1. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Debian Installer etch beta 3 Released

The Debian Installer team is proud to announce the third beta release of the installer for Debian GNU/Linux Etch.

Major new features introduced with this release

• Option to install using a graphical user interface on i386 and amd64. For powerpc this option is experimental.
    • Support for setting up encrypted partitions during installation.

Click here to read more

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. ffreeloader
      ffreeloader
      I have already used several previous versions of the Etch installer and have never had a problem with any of them. I had a problem or two with the Sarge installer when it was in beta, but this Etch installer has always worked perfectly for me.

The Debian installer is getting so "polished" that Debian installs are getting boring unless you use the expert mode. Only then do you start to get to really customize things anymore. The Woody installer, by default, allowed you to customize everything. It was pure terror to a Linux newbie for the first couple of installs with all the options it provided and all the questions it asked. :biggrin