Deal from three - should i stay or should i go?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Boycie, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

i have been a customer of three mobile for several years. they have just offered me the following to stay:

HTC Desire with two year warranty (apparently everyone else is getting one year)
    500 minutes
    5000 sms
    5000 calls to three mobiles
    unlimited voicemail (is it true most providers take it out of your allowance does anyone know?)
    unlimited data (i checked as my current is 1GB although never gone over 100MB!)
    free phone
    2 year contract @ £30 per month.

What do you guys think?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  2. oush

oush Byte Poster

Would need more minutes for £30 per month mate. I'd say go unless you really want that handset!!!

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Depends what they offer you elsewhere, thats about for price afaik, mines a £30 a month for 2 years. I'm surprised they said about the warranty, I would expect a mobile to outlive it's contract and any non user faults rectified FOC (under fit for purposes clause).

I paid £50 quid for my handset with o2 and the deal is about the same as yours, meh it all seems much of a muchness between the suppliers at the moment. I guess one thing you need to think about is as you have been with them a good while you are obviously happy with their coverage in your area so change supplier may give you a better or worse service. (is that hassle really worth it for £5 a month saving or an extra 100 minutes or so).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Edit:

they just called back and offered the same deal for £25 a month.

Edit two hours later!

they just offered me 900 minutes for £27, alas due to the debacle with the i-phone there is "department tennis" over the billing.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
    Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT