Days before the exam...

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Kraven, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Hey guys,

What do you guys do during the last few days before your exam? I will usually take lots of practice exams and brush up on the areas where I feel weak. I'm just askin as ive got my 70-290 exam in 3 days.

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  2. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

[​IMG]

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For me by this time, I'd be fairly confident or just fed up with studying, so:

The 3rd & 2nd day before the exam, using cramming techniques to consolidate all the information you've already studied/learned, as well as doing practice exams. The day before the exam try to relax, by this time nerves are playing up big time. The morning of the exam have a quick read of cram sheets that you've made while studying (but don't "over" read) for a few minutes to 1/2 hour, then relax. Then take the exam :)

That's me

-Ken

p.s. good luck

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. laup

laup Byte Poster

gonna sound weird but i drink lucosade the night before:twisted:

Certifications: IC3,A+, N+, 70-270, CCNA
    WIP: CCDA/Job :>
  5. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I go over the practice tests which I have already done just to get me into ‘exam’ mode. The day before the exam I put my photo ID and some money (for the car park) next to the front door just so I don’t forget.

I never look at my notes on the day of the exam and I always try and get an exam time for 10am. I did the 70-290 at 8:30am though (long story!) :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. laup

laup Byte Poster

i agree the 10am time is probably the best, late afternoon are pain cause u spend all morning worrying about it

Certifications: IC3,A+, N+, 70-270, CCNA
    WIP: CCDA/Job :>
  7. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For me the best time at my local Vue testing centre is 9.30hrs (when they open) that way I have the rest of the day without worry :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

My exam is booked for 10:30 and tomorrow is my last day of studying, I'm getting really nervous. :(

Kraven

9. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

OHHH!!! the PAIN!

I'm taking my N+ at 10.00 tomorrow morning...8)

My advice is not to fret on the day before your exam. As long as you're confident enough to say you know more than is required to pass then you don't need to panic. I've looked over a few details throughout today but I've spent the last eight weeks studying like crazy and to be honest if I don't know it now then let's face it...I don't know it! Certainly have a cram sheet to hand and try to set about half hour before your alloted exam time to briefly look over your cram notes. Above all stop panicking, take a deep breath and BE CONFIDENT.

Aside form all that you could what I've done and persuade one of our senior staff members to treat you to a vindaloo after passing, right Boyce? :tune

Certifications: A+ Network+
  10. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Nerves are something which will ease when you take more exams.
    Prepare well and go with the attitude that if you pass great, if not you can try again. Statistics show people perform better relaxed.
    I remember when i took the 271 exam, the guy next to me was literally shaking.

Good luck, may the force of CF be with you. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Practice exams, usually.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. Malnomates

Malnomates Megabyte Poster

lol, the guy next to me on my A+ OS exam had to leave the room briefly, fearing he was going to puke..now THAT is bad nerves..hehehe

Certifications: A+ Network+
  13. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Well guys, Guess what.

PASSED! :D :D

Kraven

14. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Excellent, well done :thumbleft

What's next?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  15. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Well I'm gonna chill out for a week or 2 from studying then I'm going for the 291.

Kraven

16. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  17. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well done and congrats:D

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  18. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  19. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Great stuff, well done :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012