Data Recovery

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr.Cheeks, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

A mate of mine hdd crashed and was not booting up.
    So he decided to reformat and install XP, what he actually done was to format and reinstall over his secondary HDD where he had kept his family photos and other extremely valuable data

Are there software out there that can recover his data back, as i'm here thinking that the os install may of overwritten his data.

I haven't tried any yet, looking for some possibilities first, so i can research as to what each different software can do.

Advise required please.

Cheers.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Can't remember which one it was but Modey (Dom) & I actually recovered a finance database from a HDD after we (as in I) re-partitioned, formatted and installed a new OS on it. It was called NTFSrecovery, did a search and a few programs from different vendors popped up, see here, here & here.

Maybe if Modey comes online he'll remember that fateful day and the exact tool that saved my bacon :biggrin

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Easy recovery, works for Kat!!

K

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884