D&Z's La Liga thread that doesn't throw other threads off topic err... thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by delorean, Feb 1, 2009.

1. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

So you all set for the match against Racing today without Carles 'Legend of Football' Puyol at the helm?

I reckon the 5000th goal will happen today, it'll go to either Eto'o or Xavi I think. Sad to see the scum won yesterday, Numancia put up a good fight.

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  2. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Yeah, I saw that hijo de puta Raul equalled di Stefano's record as well - bad night all round really!

Do you know if Marquez is back tonight or is he still out? Marca seems unsure and there's nothing about the lineup on the Barca site. Even if he's still out I think we'll still be too strong for Racing, but we need another centre back in as cover - I'd like Guardiola to get someone else in otherwise we'll end up with Keita or Yaya playing there at some point and that's not something I'd like to see!

My money's on Xavi for the 5000th goal - it would be fitting, considering he's the best player in Europe at the moment, and bleeds blaugrana!

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  3. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

He's back tonight. Gutted Puyol is out. Milito is still out too but is back doing light training now. Lucky guy, his career looked almost finished last year.

4. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Phew! That was close!

Once again, Messi is a God.

5. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Messi was a legend in that game. Probably scored one of the goals of the season with that second goal.

For anyone curious as to how good the goal actually was click here.

I'm annoyed though at the ref of that match. He had a bad game and made so many poor decisions it was a joke. Thanks to him we now have selection issues in defence. Milito is out injured, Puyol is out injured and Pique and Marquez are both suspended due to the stupid red cards!

Looks like Pep will have to scour the reserves to find some defenders!

I think Busquets had a crap game too. Pep seems to have a lot of faith in him for regular first team action. It's a bit annoying as I don't think he is quite ready for a full game yet and often shows his inexperience. It bothers me in this instance why Pep would not start with Keita or even Gudjohnsen in the midfield.

Granted next week is Sporting Gijon but they are capable of throwing out the surprises and should never be laughed at. They're having a reasonable season. Barcelona on the other hand are having an incredible record-breaking season! :biggrin

6. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Two ****e performances in a row - with two of the worst refereeing decisions ever seen to boot. No WAY was that a penalty tonight - though the profligate finishing certainly didn't help matters. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm edging towards wanting to see the scum beat Liverpool so they have to concentrate on the chumpions' league as well as la liga. I couldn't give a **** about the CL - all I care about is the league.

7. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I couldn't agree more about the referee decisions in the games against Ath Madrid and Espanyol. I was actually that disgusted with the Madrid game yesterday that I wrote to the Spanish FA after the game to try and draw their attention to the fact that they should launch an investigation in to match fixing.

Never in all my years watching football have I seen a penalty decision waved away by the referee only to have the referee's decision crushed by the LINESMAN about 3 minutes AFTER the penalty incident took place PLUS two blatant fouls on Barca players took place AFTER the penalty event.

DIABOLICAL!

It's not a case of sour grapes, Valdes was appauling once again and needs his face punched in to knock some sense in to him. We threw away a game we really should have won and his lousy keeper efforts just destroyed the team (not to mention the diabolical defence, not helped by lack of choice of course).

Don't forget the Keita red card appeal that, every other team has had red card appeals won in the league this season but ours, especially when watching a replay shows in NO WAY WHATSOEVER was it a red card offence was amazingly denied earlier last week.

Surprise surprise.

As I wrote somewhere else on the internet yesterday, the only people who could possibly defend all of the aforementioned atrocities are both sets of Madrid fans and Franco's remains in his grave.

I swear to God, if deals are being made to make officials leanient to teams other than Barcelona then they need to be exposed and penalized because the aformentioned events are not just comically diabolical decision making, they are on the verge of being quite frankly criminally suspicious.

Granted, the team itself has seen a dramatic drop in form but that does not come in to play when you are questioning decisions made by match officials. Bad team form or otherwise.

Dodgy stuff.