:D Steve

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Steve, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Steve

Steve New Member

Hi all,

Newbie here, Steve nr Tewkesbury, Glos. I'm 41 and just started the TSE Course.

Steve

2. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi Steve

I am 41 and almost finished the TSE course just CCNA to go.

3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome Steve, This place is as new as you are to the TSE course. Its not here to replace the NITLC forum just to add a little flavour (here come the beer puns). I've just started the same course about 2 months ago but found the NITLC forum a little hard to get real help so set this up :!:

Whats your background and is it in IT?

I'm sure you'll find all the help you need at the NITLC forum and all the sarcasm you dont need here. :drunk

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Luton Bee

Luton Bee Kilobyte Poster

Oh no he won't!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll get me coat!!

Welcome Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+ C&G ICT
    WIP: CCNA
  5. Steve

Steve New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys.

My background is not in IT. I spent about 15 years in the Semiconductor Industry here in the UK, 5 years in Silicon Valley (US) and 2 years in Ireland in various roles (Equipment Service Engineer, Process Eng, Product Support Eng). It's not IT but well before any parts get to resemble anything like a computer system. I did work on developing the plasma processes for etching the 4-level metal interconnect on the first Pentiums, so an 8" wafer of silicon is as close I have have been to IT so far!

Right now with hardly any Semicon Ind. left in England I'm earning beer money by being self employed, doing basic small web sites and infrequent work with a local supplier of high end surveillance equipment for military markets. (basic electronics and system assembly). Hence the need for this course and a change, hopefully!

Regards,
    Steve

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Its not here to replace the NITLC forum just to add a little flavour

Shame about the lack of taste then, ~SimonV~

Hey, welcome, Steve -

Quite a bit of background there ! Reckon you'll find a mixed bag in here (but that's just Rosy - she's mostly harmless !) :P

Seriously - this place has grown from nothing to quite something, so please use it and contribute to it much as poss - and spread the news while you at it :P

All the best

...oops - I seem to have broke Mr admin's "Quote" toy.

Heh, heh, heh !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
    Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity