Cv update

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Ddan, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Ddan

Ddan Nibble Poster

HI guys i have now updated my CV and wanted to know whether I am on the right track or not.Im going to add more to the skills section any feedback will be appreciated.

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Your work experience is the wrong way around.

I would also mention more about what you did at university – for example any project work. Also cut down on your skills section – too much variation.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Ddan

Ddan Nibble Poster

Thanks for the feedback sparky apart from the feedback you have suggested is the content for the other sections ok? Regarding your suggestion about stating what I have done at university should I add a new section for this or add it in one of the current sections? Thanks in advance.

4. Sparky

Reword this bit.... too much of what you are planning to do.

I am currently studying to become A+ certified, and will be taking my exams on....date... I then plan to attain more knowledge by becoming N+ certified.

Change this as well, you use the word completing three times.

Collecting sorting, and distributing post to the relevant sections of the court.
    Completing work on the switchboard.
    Completing general administration work.
    Completing filing.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. Sparky

Yes, after the education bit highlight some parts of uni that might be relevant for the job you are applying for.