CV tips

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Timostag, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Timostag

Timostag Bit Poster

Hi,

Ive recently left an IT apprenticeship (couldn't afford to stay on earning £30 p/w) :cry: but this has left me motivated to break into my first real IT job.

Ive had a look through many posts on here about writting CV's and hoped someone might take a look at what I came up with and give any advise

Thank you

View attachment cCV.doc

Certifications: A+,MTA:Networking, MTA: Server Fundamentals MTA:Operating Systems MTA:Security Fundamentals ITIL Foundation
  2. Timostag

Timostag Bit Poster

any sort of feedback would be nice :unsure

Certifications: A+,MTA:Networking, MTA: Server Fundamentals MTA:Operating Systems MTA:Security Fundamentals ITIL Foundation
  3. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Dont think its too bad as a starter CV, ideally you want achievements on there, systems used etc, but the layout is clean and easy to get to the relevant information.

What kind of roles are you sending this CV off for? Theres a hint of customer service on your CV, and i would try and expand upon that.

Also, and this is just my opinion, get rid of the skills section and "about me" gumph, replace it with more info on your roles, responsibilities and achievements.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
    Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal