CV Templates

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by LukeP, Sep 12, 2010.

1. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

As CertForums actively offer CV writing advice to it's members and the initial version of the CV posted are sometimes unreadable, I thought it would be a good idea to publish a template (or few templates).

I would like to ask few of you, who actively participate CV discussions in Employment & Jobs forum to blank out your CV's and post them in this thread. Hopefully this will help members who ask for advice to prepare their CV's even better before they create a thread and therefore make our lives easier.

Ideally we would have 5-10 templates posted here and thread made sticky.

Let me know if this is a bad idea.
    It would be nice if someone could post a US resume template too.

I'll start with mine.

Please note, I'm not looking for opinions on my CV. I'm perfectly happy with the job it's doing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
    WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  2. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Not a bad idea at all, some of the CV's put up have been shocking in the past. Anything positive that helps someone get pointed in the right direction is worth doing :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA
  3. reverb

reverb Byte Poster

Great idea to put all CV threads into one thread. Like you said much more manageable and be easier for people - like myself - looking for CV tips to find what they need :)

4. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  5. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Bump in case anyone wants to upload their's.

6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

If anyone saw mine, they'd never listen to me when I criticise theirs...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

It clearly does it's job in Newport :D :twisted:

8. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

I'm better as editor than writer, much like Jonny if people saw mind they'd stop listening to my advice! :p

It got me my new job though so it can't be all bad!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  9. quuuaid

quuuaid Nibble Poster

Excellent post, LukeP, cheers. I've been trying to find inspiration towards restructuring my CV but got tunnel vision based on a old design I developed long ago. Will use a few of your headings, particularly skills and certs, to make the key info stand out better.

On a different note, I like to find out people's opinions of the "profile\statement" sections that feature at the beginning many CVs I've viewed on the forum. I've always gone straight into core skills\experience breakdowns after my basic contact info and left that kind of detail for the covering letter. However, I've been out of the CV\cover letter game for long enough that my approach could well be out of date. Any advice on a preferred method?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST
    WIP: Drupal, PHP