cv question

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by adrian, Apr 29, 2009.

1. adrian

adrian Nibble Poster

im re-writting my cv to make it suitable for an IT job (previously archaeology:blink). Im looking for my first entry level job, Iv taken out all my previous experiance because non of it is even remotly relevent and its looking stupidly small.

I know CV's are supposed to be snappy and quick to read but mine is ridiculus. I dont have a skills section because frankly any IT skills i have that i would put down are all things covered by my 2 certs (A+ N+)

Im worried if someone looks at it and sees the certs listed they will get an instant idea of what i should know and then to see another list of a bunch of skills they had already quessed i had might seem like repeating myself :P

Anyone here ever hired entry level applicants? 1st line support or trainee this or that? What thigns do you look for in someone who has no experiance? What would catch your eye and think thats a keeper?

Certifications: A+ N+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Any customer facing skills. In yourt first IT job you will *probably* have to talk to users over the phone or even in person to fix some basic problems.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. adrian

adrian Nibble Poster

iv got a bunch of retail experiance - you think that should stay in?

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

100% yes. Try and highlight your customer service skills gained from that.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. adrian

adrian Nibble Poster

cheers :D