CV Help

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by LBSwan, Nov 4, 2016.

1. LBSwan

LBSwan New Member

Hi guys/girls,

I've been shortlisted by a recruitment agency for an IT Support job with a global IT company, they want me to make my CV more 'techy' before they send it to the company to review. This would be my first job in IT apart from basic work experience.

I've attached my CV (All personal info deleted etc) and was wondering if anyone has any tips that would help me.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

Is this engineering company a real company?

I'm confused. It looks like you worked there for a year?

3. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Wont let me download but yeah if you are going for an IT job style youre cv so it looks like IT is your longterm goal mention stuff in IT youve done so any courses etc

LBSwan likes this.
  4. LBSwan

LBSwan New Member

@Pseudonym

Yea it was non paid work experience for a family friend's company

5. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Kilobyte Poster

I'd change your personal profile, leverage that experience you have regardless of whether it was voluntary. Make the personal profile techy and add a little bit to mention you excel in Customer service too if you want. The CV is just an HR filter/agency filter, so embellishing skills to get past it is what we need to do sometimes. When you get to the interview, you can then be completely honest to the hiring manager about your level of experience. Either way you should have enough to get a job. Good luck.

LBSwan likes this.
  6. LBSwan

LBSwan New Member