CV comments

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Chriseast1, May 12, 2008.

1. Chriseast1

Chriseast1 Bit Poster

Hi. Just wondered if anyone had any comments on my CV in particular about the lay out.

One thing I will mention is that all my IT experiance is at the same place but I have changed roles within the company. Any advise welcome because its along time since I did any job hunting.

Attached Files:

Certifications: see signature
    WIP: MCSA next up 291
  2. alih786

alih786 Nibble Poster

as far as im concered its a good CV. i was thinking of becoming a technician, but now i decided, all this work ive put in, THE A+ COURSE, BTEC FIRST DIPLOMA, PC MAINTENANCE,AND WAS THINKING OF DOING MCDST, I WONT GET A JOB, IVE DECIDED TO HAVE A CHANGE CAREER MAYBE, - A DRIVING INSTRUCTOR. i dont want to earn anything under 20k a yr, i want 2 earn at LEAST A MAX OF 30K a year.

Certifications: BTEC First Diploma - Cisco IT Essentials
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

you do realise with the driving instructor thing (I know a friend who did it) you have to pay a lot of money towards the driving instructor course because you need to become an advanced driver like myself. You then have to pay for the car they provide and then you have to find your own students to teach, so unless you get yourself about 50 regular students then there is no way you will earn 30k.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

Not really that helpful a post on an IT forum. I would suggest that if you've decided that IT is not your path (as you won't make big bucks fast enough) this might not be the board for you

CHRIS had a look at your CV, looks pretty good to me, although it may be worth trying to bring it back down to the 2 page mark. Atleast I was always advised to keep mine at around 2 pages if possible

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA
  5. Chriseast1

Chriseast1 Bit Poster

was a bit confused by the first reply. The CV was a lot longer and I have cut it down already. Someone else advised to try and reduce it as well but I am not really sure what to cut out.

Certifications: see signature
    WIP: MCSA next up 291
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

try & get it to two pages max.

If I were you I wouldn't have my full employment history as its taking up a lot of room, other than that it looks good.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Suttar

Suttar Byte Poster

Personally I'm not sure what you should cut. Personally I think what you have sells you quite well. And at the end of the day thats all your CV is, a sales pitch

Certifications: Hnc Comp & Bsc Networking, ITIL v3
    WIP: CCNA