CV Check

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by dabo, May 10, 2012.

1. dabo

dabo New Member

Hi guys, just wondering if you guys could check my CV.

One thing that is bothering me is the last job on my CV as a shop assistant, it was a long time ago and not IT related. Was thinking of removing this and adding a hobbies / interests section. What do you think?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

when you have put quick to learn... do you really need to be quick to learn how to use speakers?

don't worry about the shop assistant part of your CV, we all had to do the odd job away from IT, I worked as a business travel consultant for a year when I relocated just because it was the first job I could find... I have only added one line about the job as no company is going to be bothered about what I did unless it's IT related, in the year I worked there though I did some technical work and have added that in alongside.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Keep it in - customer facing skills are important when applying for an entry level IT support job.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Ive been having to redo my CV as well Dabo, http://www.certforums.com/forums/employment-jobs/47323-cv-scrutiny.html

Have a look at that link in this forum, and there is a template that you could use, although yours is pretty good. You do have a big long green line at the start so maybe you want to check the grammar out, and say have a full clean driving licence. Sparky is right, keep the shop assistant in, as its customer focused, that will look good. Ive kept my old jobs in that arent IT related, but show how I dealt with customers etc.

Good luck

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680