CV Advice

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by steveh2001, Jul 22, 2007.

1. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Hi guys

Was wondering if someone could kindly take a look at my CV and offer any advice as to how suitable it looks?

My Situation is...

Ive been working as an ITCSA for 1 year+ (contracted and now perm) ITCSA being just below 1st line, handles AD account creations, admin, minor faults etc. However we take most calls and pass on to other teams etc, so as time went on I went on to resolve 1st line calls (just because i picked up the calls :D) etc etc and for at least 6 months now I know ive been working to a 1st line standard, despite lacking the job title. I also was given the elevate rights that 1st line have to do home folders, data access, server admin etc

One of my colleagues recently managed to move from the same position as me straight up to a desktop support/2nd line role, which is what I hope to do as I feel i am at a 1st line level now already. I realise everyones definitions of 1st/2nd/3rd etc is different but hopefully ive covered it!

So thats what my CV is hopefully pitching at...

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I have removed contact/company info :D Also I havent fully checked for grammer/spelling etc as ive been working on it this weekend - so will be doing this at some point :D

Cheers

Attached Files:

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  2. Paul_o

Paul_o Nibble Poster

I'm certainly no expert when it comes to cv's but skim reading yours, the Team working and communication paragraphs mainly focus on the communication so i would be inclined to merge these. and i would put your technical skills at the top.

Certifications: C&G Advanced diploma in network support
  3. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Cheers Paul - I will take that onboard! Not sure how to discuss team working really :S If your working in a team well, you must be communicating well!

But I would free up some space if i merged it so probably will go ahead with that :)

Thanks again

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?