CTT+

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by kicsiburcsi, May 21, 2010.

1. kicsiburcsi

kicsiburcsi Bit Poster

Hey everyone,

Is anybody can recommend me a good book or study material for the Comptia CTT+ exam.

Thanks

Certifications: Comptia A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-290, Degree in IT
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Are you after just the exam, or the cert?
    As I understand it, requirements for the cert are that you pass the exam and also submit video evidence of you teaching in a classroom.
    I think the requirements of the video part are quite strict and it may be one example of when a classroom course is of benefit. There are places that will take you through the process and have recoding equipment etc available. And of course, a class full of people to practice on.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. kicsiburcsi

kicsiburcsi Bit Poster

Hi thanks for the answer,

I work in a College full of teachers and they are happy to help me with the video part. This is why I am only looking for the exam part of it. They will also help me with teaching skills so just want some good material to pass the exam.

Cheers Tom

Certifications: Comptia A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-290, Degree in IT
  4. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The exam isn't that tough compared to other IT certs because it isn't really technical, it's about training which I'm sure you know is very wooly.

Just grab yourself a book of some kind to kake sure you're up to speed on jargon and terminology, but don't spend too much money on it.

As long as you apply common sense to the exam, you shouldn't have any problems. It's the live demo that you need to focus on. There are quite a few boxes to tick and a load of paperwork to submit.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  5. TheNetworkGuru

TheNetworkGuru New Member

I've been an engineering instructor for about a decade and a half and often have people ask me the same question. I don't do CTT+ (though I am certified), so I send them to PrepMasters (I don't get anything for it). They do both parts of the certification: exam prep and video. So far everyone's been pretty happy with them.