Creating email accounts for your domain for free

Discussion in 'Software' started by Waria Ahmed, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Waria Ahmed

Waria Ahmed Byte Poster

I have just bought my own domain from 123-reg.co.uk and it is asking me to pay £10.56 p/year for each mailbox I want to associate with that domain.

Is there anyway I can get a free mail account?

for example, if my site is www.certforumsgenius.co.uk and I would like to have an email address "[email protected]" is this possible? or do I need to purchase a mail account from 123-reg?

Thanks

Certifications: See Signature
    WIP: MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Depends where you're hosting the domain - you don't have to host it with 123-Reg, you can host elsewhere (and pay) which may allow you to create unlimited mailboxes

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

You can do what I do... Create e-mail addresses but instead of the domain hosting company hosting the e-mail account, have it redirected to another account, eg Yahoo, live, googlemail, etc...

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I have some dirt cheap hosting 19.99 a year with a free domain for unlimited bandwidth unlimited mail boxes etc.

Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  5. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

I think you can use Google Apps for this purpose. You don't need to have googlemail email addresses or anything, just point your mx records to Google as far as I know. Clickage for more info

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP
    WIP: CCNA 200-120
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

blimey, i always thought 123 were competitive even thou you cannot get hold of anyone there :)

that fee is just for the domain name registration. if you had a hosting package with them and imported the name to Cpanel you can have as many e-mail boxes as you want.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT