CRB Form Lost in the Post

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by PPD2387, Nov 25, 2011.

1. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

I have recently completed a CRB form to become a volunteer for the IT Can Help charity. Trouble is the first CRB form I completed was sent second class and has gone missing in the post.

I'm a little bit worried as it contained information like my date/place of birth, Passport number, Driving License number, NI number, address history etc.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Should I be overly worried? Any suggestions what (if anything) I can do to mitigate the risk of identity theft etc?

2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I would have sent it recorded or special delivery, I always do with sensitive stuff like that.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

With hindsight, no.
    Bolting the stable door and all that...

If it helps though, statistically the chances of it landing in the hands of the Russian ***** is fairly remote compared to the chances of it being down the back of the seat in a post office van or being delivered to a confused granny in the Shetlands.

I recently renewed my passport - they send all of your supporting documents back to you first class, old passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate etc. They don't seem to care about it too much. Besides, there probably isn't a lot about you on a CRB application form that a reasonably determined person couldn't find out anyway.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. PPD2387

PPD2387 Byte Poster

Valid points - cheers Jonny!