crazy compTIA

Discussion in 'A+' started by greenbrucelee, May 1, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I just got letter today regarding the PDI+ exam that I only failed by 10 points it says:-

We recently discovered a fulfillmet issue that effected several candidates from the initial batch of score reports mailed. To ensure receipt and prevent further delay we are resending reports included in the initial batch blah blah blah.

your score report indicated that you failed this exam with 665 this has now been amended and your new score is 670 which is still a fail.

We are sorry for any incovenience blah blah blah and we are sorry the delay please email ******** if you have any questions.

Sincerely

Pearson Vue

The address on the envelope was correct apart from the country apparently I live in South Africa :blink

Anyone else had anything like this happen?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. rax

rax Megabyte Poster

That seems a bit odd...? So is that part of your A+ or not?

I've now studied 70-271 like mad for my work based test and I'm booking the actual exam for 1 months time, might as well get the Cert while I have studied.. =]

Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation, CompTIA Network+
  3. greenbrucelee

Not part of the A+ the PDI+ is for techs who fix printers and similar pieces of hardware, it also deals how documents are created using CMYK etc.

This exam was a beta when I took it and is now a live exam, I took it at the time just to give me an insight on how these exams are done so there was no study material or anything atleast it was free though.

Good luck with the 70-271 :)

4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Maybe your leading a double life??

Or there's another GBLin Africa??? Could be your long lost twin??:p:twisted:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

What's happened is they threw out a "faulty" question and didn't count it against your score. Thus, they amended your official score. Just lets you know that 1) you didn't miss as many as you thought you had, and 2) you're VERY close to being able to pass the exam. Just knowing what you saw on the exam is likely enough to put you over the top with a few hours studying. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. greenbrucelee

I may be tempted to his exam again in the near future :) I also think I know what the question was, as I am sure it marked me as incorrect on a question to with cmyk and as I deal with CMYK every day in my job in documents (pdfs, eps etc) I didn't expect to get those wrong.