course advice and suggestions

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by jonathan.middleton, Jun 7, 2011.

1. jonathan.middleton

jonathan.middleton New Member

i have just been made redundant and have decided to look for part time work whilst i study. i bought a self-paced training book online and have been given the cbt nuggets videos that cover the same subject (exam 70-680). I have struggled a little as some of what is being taught is going over my head. What would be a better course to start off with? Ive read up a little and a lot of people recommend A+ and N+. Is this a good building block to the 70-680 and can anyone recommend any books that cover the subjects, the one that im reading MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit Exam 70-680 : Configuring Windows 7 Book/CD Package: Amazon.co.uk: Ian McLean, Orin Thomas: Books
    is very well written. Many thanks

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

The A+ and N+ should be done first especially if you have no IT experience.

Books for the A+ = compTIA A+ all one exam guide 7th edition by Mike Meyers
    Books for the N+ = compTIA Network + by Todd lammle and compTIA N+ 4th edition by Mike Meyers.

You do not need a course unless you prefer it for just about any IT cert you can just study and practice your self then book the exams and take them at your nearest test center.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. jonathan.middleton

jonathan.middleton New Member

Thanks for the heads up on the books. Im staying well away from the courses and will self study. do you know if cbt nuggets do any videos for this certification?

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?