Could I Do it?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by millsie, Mar 10, 2010.

1. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

I keep hearing about the MCDST, its clear I need to do it to assist my chances of getting an entry level job in IT.

So, heres the rub. I'm currently studying Cisco CCNA on a paid course, as I want to learn about networking, regardless of whether it will help me get a job (I keep hearing it wont so am resigned to that fact)

Anyways, I was wondering if I would be able to squeeze the time to study for the MCDST at the same time?

Has anyone else bitten off more than they can chew in this way? I dont really want to wait until my CCNA is done as thats not until October! I am a fast reader/learner and have 3 computers, 2 of which have XP so that would be helpful, I'm just a bit worried about some of the CCNA being quite heavy and doing Microsoft stuff at the same time might interfere with my other studies?

Cheers all

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Anything is possible really. The only way you'll find out is if you try.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

One thing to remember, the CCNA will only teach you networking from a Cisco perspective, the N+ would have been a better idea.

Also, only you know your capacity to learn, only you will know whether you will be able to cope with the additional data going into your brain and whether you will suffer or gain from that.

If it were me? I would go for it, but as my sig says, it's only my opinion and it's not the gospel according to Simon.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA