Converse

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by shadowwebs, May 17, 2013.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Is there a maximum age where you can no longer get away with wearing converse? I am 31, and just wondered if I am now past that point of getting away with wearing them with a suit to my mates wedding :)

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

To a wedding, yes. Maximum age for anything other than smart shoes is actually about 4. Trainers, converse or anything similar are out. (trust me I'm mid wedding planning at the moment)

Out and about otherwise, no upper limit.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What he said.

Wearing trainers to a wedding? For feck sake! :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. shadowwebs

it's only for the evening do, and to be honest my post on here was just to wind up the Mrs, was well worth it for the reaction :)

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  5. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

I agree with the above, converse and suit are a no no for me anyway though, wedding or no wedding! 8) Haha.

For laughs though, on the day of the wedding, just sit there cleaning your converse for a wet wipe or something... and hope the misses realises its a joke before she goes for you! :twisted:

Last edited: May 18, 2013
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  6. shadowwebs

haha yes I like that idea, wet wipes ready for wind up duties

- - - Updated - - -

What about something like these?
    http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Brogues-With-Micro-Sole/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2668899&SearchQuery=brogues&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Multi

7. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Actually – I think if we agreed with you then you would have turned round to the Mrs and said “The internet agrees with me so I’m wearing them!” :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  8. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  9. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I dunno I wear them but Im in my early 20s.. I think 30s would be pushing it.

10. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

I know there is a big following of varying ages of people who perform weightlifting exercises in Chuck Taylor's - StrongLifts.

I also know someone who wears Adidas shoes to Weddings.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  11. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

Never too old - countless 80's rock stars can't be wrong ;)

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  12. shadowwebs

well it is now the evening of the wedding and I shall be going out the door soon.

The Mrs has got her way however and I shall be indeed wearing smart black shoes, and a suit with waistcoat... damn I will look good even if I say so myself.

13. shadowwebs

well that turned out quite naff, I went all suited and booted, only to find that many of the guests turned up in jeans and shirts with (yes you guessed it right), converse... it was quite a tacky evening do to be honest... me and the mrs, plus two of our friends that was also there ended up leaving early and going to Frankie & Bennies (other fab restaurants are available haha), and had a great night.

Moral of the story, don't wear Converse to a wedding :)

14. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I wore Toms to my sister's wedding. And I was a bridesmaid. Win!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA