Contract and no interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by LukeP, Feb 16, 2009.

1. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Hey

I got this phone call couple days ago from an agent or someone from the company (not sure now). We had a little chat about short-term contract position (roughly 11 days). While I'm unemployed and I see it as a great opportunity and I'm very happy about it, it seems strange.

I got this email today stating hours of work and pay. Also says where I am supposed to be on my first day and what time. I confirmed the email as requested. There is some info about the timesheets as well.

Is it possible I've been offered a contract (nothing big tbh) without even seeing an employer or attending any type of interview? Just like that, we like your CV, our phone chat was alright, come over!
    Also will I have to do anything extra as a contractor or will the company that employs me sort it all out (ie tax related issues)

Regards

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's certainly possible. No idea about the tax implications or assistance... best to check with the agent regarding those particulars.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

To be honest it all seems a bit vague. You should really clear all these details up before you start. I would never work for a company without knowing if i was employed by them or an agency, if it was under contract with an agency to take care of PAYE or is it was as self employed etc. It sounds liek you dont even know who you have a contract with, so i'd suggest finding out asap.

Oh and Good luck with the role, even if it is only a few days, in this climate any work is good work!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

I'm getting a contract with a company. I don't know if I was taking to an agent back then. When he rang I had 2 agent calls before that and 1 after in the time of 2 hours hence the confusion.

Now I'm talking with a company rep and contract is on their client's site (where I'm supposed to be on my first day). So it's definately a company hiring me. It seems strange to me as well.

I'll see how it goes

Regards

WIP: Uhmm... not sure