Consoles

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by j1mgg, Feb 5, 2010.

1. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

I just noticed we dont have a sections for this. I was religious COD:MW player but the previous 2 have jst not lived upto the standards. I may be that i just havent got the same time as i did then to play it or maybe i am a bit wierd.

I have just ordereded bioshock for less than a tenner so am going to have a go at this as i have heard nothing but good stuff about it, and with the idea of getting bioshock 2 once completed.

Anyone got MAG?

PS3 owner.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I know the feeling as I too have just received a brand new ps3 bioshock game in post. I got it for under a tenner incl postage. However, currently playing metal gear solid 2 on the ps2 and so far so good:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Pretty much gave up game playing at age of 18, leaves far more time for study !

4. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Been playing a lot of BFBC2 demo lately

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  5. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Whazzat? I have an AMG, does that count :oops:

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  6. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Big fan of MW1 & 2, Bioshock and MGS - although the last one was little more than a string of cut scenes.
    MW2 is my first real online experience and I'm hooked on it.

I'd love to meet the 'matchmaking server' that I keep connecting to.
    I'd ask it why, when there are an odd number of players, I always get put in the smallest team, and how pitching five guys with a ranking of 65 and over to four guys none of which has got to level 40 yet is considered matchmaking.

Not going there for a date...

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  7. Alex399

Alex399 Byte Poster

If you could play me on MW2 (because I play MW2 on the better console called the 360 :p) I would make it your last online gaming experience MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :knife :snipersmi

sorry I couldn't resist the evil laugh... :D

I generally have no issues with unfair matchmaking as I seem to um.... rape? the other team so to speak :D and on odd occassions there is someone else who has probaly got to 10th presitge already in that case I take it on the chin as they would have next to no social life what so ever being 10th prestige already this early from release date

I am only first prestige level 61 what about you Johnny?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    WIP: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST
  8. j1mgg

j1mgg Kilobyte Poster

I am always dubious about guys that come on mb and say they would rape this person or that person. It has been out a while now for people to be 10th prestige. I just cant get into it but i barely have a days game time from release date.

Certifications: Comptia A+, ITIL V3 Foundation, MCDST, 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: 70-291, security+ and SSCP
  9. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Er, 40.
    I seem to be made out of some kind of magnetic substance that attracts bullets from right across the map.

Once I got into double figures for number of kills in a match, but I usually end up with about 3 compared to the other guys 20+.

Maybe I'm too nice.
    I think to myself 'nah, I'll let him live, he seems to be enjoying himself'. :biggrin

Problem is with playing during the day is that all the other people are either doleys who have got nothing better to do than become experts, or talking to each other in some sort of arabic, which makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a terrorist training camp. :eek:

10. beaumontdvd

beaumontdvd Kilobyte Poster

Hahahaha, I get that too. I tend to ignore them like once, I went to nick his care package not knowing he had placed two. He said theres another coming watch your head in some London accent I was thinking he aint cheating me out of this one, was just about to claim it and then BAM I was killed by a care package lol 8) But I got winning killcam :D
    I tend to go for the campers that kill you before you have chance to even workout where you are :(

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    Certifications: 070-271, 070-272, (MCDST)Level 1,2,3 NVQ
    WIP: 070-270, A+, N+, S+,MCDST 7 Upgrade
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

My problem is that I've had a teeny bit of military experience.
    So when I'm playing a sniper I just tend to sit in a bush for the entire game and kill one person if I'm lucky.
    And when things get hot, I hide behind a wall.

I can't get my head around all this bouncing about and hurling yourself into the line of fire time and time again.

And I really don't get the hacks that have worked out that there a way that you can stand on top of a tree and drop grenades on people's heads. Or climb up a cloud, or get inside a rock etc.

When that happens, it's not a game anymore, it's just carnage.

:blink

12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I think there's an award for killing someone with a care package.
    Often wondered how it was possible...

I tend to just mute all the other players.
    I've never heard anyone use the mike for anything useful, like communicating a strategy for example.
    It's just continuous coughing, swearing, some very dodgy CDs playing in the background or just whinging when you kill someone without using what they consider an appropriate level of skill.

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

I've been hooked on Master of Magic recently.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I've just finished off Dragon age Orgins which was superb, and am now giving Saints Row 2 a go, which so far is like GTA with a much needed sense or fun / humor added.

Currently saving to get mass effect 2 and then splinter cell conviction :twisted:

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  15. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Wanna go on the list? :biggrin