Problem Connecting remotley to PC

Discussion in 'Networks' started by Kaim, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Kaim

Kaim New Member

Hello

I am trying to connect using remote desktop to my other PC (Win 7 to Win 7, and Win7 to Win server 2008).

Both PC have diffrent IP addresses (both behind ADSL router - noting else connected). On both remote desktop is allowed. When i am trying to connect to them from diffrent location I can't.

My Win 7 to which I am trying to connect have local IP and is connected to ADSL router. So router has internet IP and gives local IP to PC.

How I can connect using remote desktop to this PC?

Cheers
    Kaim

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

To RDP to a pc behind a firewall (ADSL\Broadband router) you need to ensure that you have created a rule in your router to forward 3389 to the IP address of the PC you want to connect to.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. Kaim

Kaim New Member

Thanks for answer SimonD

On router i forwarded 3389 to my PC local IP address. Works fine now

cheers