Confused with the A+ test

Discussion in 'A+' started by jammed24, Oct 12, 2007.

1. jammed24

jammed24 Bit Poster

Hi fellow members. I am currently studying for the A+ cert. I just wonder if the exams consists one practical exam and the other multiple choice. Im just confuse because I have nearly finished the Mike Meyers book and about to book my first test. i would like to know how the exams are assesed. thanks in advance.

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Do you mean what format the test is written in? It's been forever since I took it, but as I recall, it was mostly multiple choice. That could well have changed so wait until some of the others respond. As far as I know, the mock tests contained on the CD accompanying the Meyers book should be quite helpful in getting you ready for the real thing.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Two computer-based exams, no practical exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

As he said. In fact the tests on the CDs are very close in appearance to the real exam, as well as covering the material.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  5. jammed24

jammed24 Bit Poster

thanks for the advice :). Im revising for the Network+ too and will be taking both A+ and N+ in a month time.