Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by exonje, Jul 4, 2013.

1. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

Hi guys,

I'm a little bit worried as I've been booked on Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 by work and have no experience with exchange. The only reason I've been booked on is a colleague was meant to go but he's ill and has dropped out at the last minute, and the company did not want to lose the money they had already paid. Now my plan is to install exchange on a virtual client over the weekend and have a play before going Monday.

From looking on the Microsoft Website I've found it is a 5day instructor led course. I can't see any mention of any exams. Are there any exams? Can I fail this course?

I'm really worried about looking a bit stupid.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

For Exchange 2010, there seems to be two exams directly relevant to it:

662 - TS: Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuring
    663 - Pro: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010

To be honest, if you have no experience with Exchange see about rescheduling the exam, ok there is a fee - but no where as much as purchasing another exam.

Unless you're talking about work is putting you thru the actual course. If that's the case go and have a go installing it/setting it up before Monday. You don't have to sit the exam at the end, if you're not ready for it (unless your work as told you that you have too).

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

I'm not sure this is an exam? Configuring, Managing and Troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Server 2010

I think it's just a 5day course, as said someone from work pulled out at the last minute and work did not want to lose the money. I'm happy enough to go I just don't want to look like a fool.

Is there usually an exam at the end of these courses? There no mention on the website

4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I'd assume that this is just the course that you have been booked on, and not the exam. That will (if you chooses to do it) come at a later date.

5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Depends on what your company paid for coupled with what the training provider provides...

The place I use to work for sold courses and exam together, as well as the exam by itself.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

Thanks guys, im going to spend the weekend getting familiar. I couldn't turn it down to be honest, I was told that I won't get this opportunity again and there could be a potential job opportunity at the end of it..