computeach

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by joker001, Aug 10, 2006.

1. joker001

joker001 Bit Poster

just had a phone call from these people. I was just wondering what they are like and is it worth the money in regards to other study/training methods. Anybody on here trained with them? Anyone got any expereinces with them?

WIP: A+
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

This type of question has come up several times. Do a search and you will have a choice of threads to read.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Hi there joker, i actually phoned them and had one of ther blokes come rounds, this was over a year ago now. Basicaly he told me everything i wanted to hear which is good but also it sounded too good to be true in my opinion.

Im now taking the UNI option, as thats been reccomended by a lot of people. Some good people to speak to on this forum would be Boyce, Zimbo, D faktor and Bluerinse, although a lot of people in this forum are great at giving advice, these seem to elaborate more and give you another perspective to go from.

If ive forgotten about anybody im sorry damn SGUK springs to mind lol

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. joker001

joker001 Bit Poster

I think I will stick to my original plan and do self study and college course on the A+. At least this way I can study at home and also get the hands on experience at college.

Which by all acounts will be considerably cheaper than computeach and more benificial.

5. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

Good choice! :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  6. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Hi Joker

Zimbo wrote an excellent help guide on home studying without going through a college or IT learning centre, that's exactly what I was going to do until I read this. It makes sense though, all you are really paying for is tutorial support, but places like this can answer anything you need

The link is http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11894

(I know you can probably post threads instead of links, haven't worked out how yet, sorry)

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  7. joker001

joker001 Bit Poster

Thanks for the advice. I am waiting till september/october or whenever it is that the new A+ all in one book comes out. I think I read somewhere that the current A+ exams stop on the 31st december. So I might as well wait and do the new exams next year.

8. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

In the UK the current exams stop next March.

There is a timeline page on CompTIA's site that shows this.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+