Computeach Vs Nitlc

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Richard Hyslop, May 5, 2006.

1. Richard Hyslop

Richard Hyslop New Member

Hi evryone, My name's Richard.
    I have seen representatives from Computeach and Nitlc and am wondering if anybody out there could advise which one of these providers is the best. I'm mainly self taught on Pc's and would like to gain a qualification in Database Administration. Computeach charge 5K and Nitlc charge 3K or would it better to go to college for a year then decide?

2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF Richard! :biggrin

I'm not going to suggest anything either way (at the minute). I will simply suggest that you have a good look around our various forums at previous posts and go from there.

8)

3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Hi mate - Welcome to CF...

4. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Hello! :thumbleft

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Welcome to CF! Maybe yes.. look and see if they offer a taster course or short course in SQL or something in databases... or buy a book on SQL or databases.. if you still interested in them after that when can talk about other cheaper options to study! :biggrin

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hi and welcome!

You need to be aware that to be a DBA doesn't necessarily mean great expertise in SQL. It is more about configuring and running a database system, so you will be dealing with server-type admin things (disk space - I/O loading etc).

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  7. Sandy

Sandy Ex-Member

Hi

Have you considered "Self Study"?

8. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

It's hard to recommend one over the other as I doubt many people have had experience of both. For my sins, I am with NITLC and have had no problems with them, but there are people who have, just as there are many people who have had problems with Computeach but also many who haven't.

I think you need to go on your gut feeling. I chose NITLC because I liked the look of their materials, their training centre looked pretty good and there was less chatter on the web about them than Computeach. I think this is a good thing as if people are writing stuff on the web about a company, it's invariably negative, hardly anyone goes to the trouble of posting good experiences.

HTH.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Richard,

Welcome to the forums :thumbleft
    As for choosing a provider i would do plenty of research, there are quite a few to choose from.

Regards
    Boyce

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. Leey2000k

Leey2000k Bit Poster

Hi Richard, :biggrin

I worked for Computeach for 2 years and it was the worst place I have ever worked - The company is a sham, the so called "IT Professional Advisors" are just sales men - they know nothing about computers at all!!!

Their course material is shocking all it is is other material copied, I have seen the courses put together and printed and its a massive sham, so PLEASE think about it before you go ahead! I know people who have joined them and paid £6000 with a CDL and have wanted to cancel because of the bad material and have been unable to and have still had to pay back the load.Its a very bad idea! Computeach are scammers nothing more.

Consider Self-study it’s cheaper and a big plus for you CV - shows you have commitment and motivation.

Anyways that’s my bit of advice.

Lee :)

Certifications: 70-271
    WIP: MCSDT
  11. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Ouch...

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD