computeach A+ mocks

Discussion in 'A+' started by arvy, Feb 3, 2005.

1. arvy

arvy Bit Poster

:clap Finally passed all the A+ mocks and now waiting for first
    in center study date. anyone else in the same position ?.
    Already have been sent the next stage of study, exam 70-270,
    seems a bit soon as still have to take final A+ exams.
    No mercy !!!!!!!!!!!. any tips for taking A+ finals.

arvy.

Certifications: compTIA A+, MCP 70-270
    WIP: MCSE
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Nice one arvy well done. Keep up the good work and sink a cold one on me :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

First of all, congratulations on passing the mocks. Well done. I can't address any questions regarding your provider since I've never experienced them.

Advice on sitting the "for-real" A+ exams? Gee. There are a lot of theories on what to do at this stage of the game. You've studied the subject to the point where you are ready (or near-ready) to take the exam.

I don't think you want to overstudy at this point. Right before the exam (whatever one I'm taking) after I'm quite familiar (hopefully) with the subject, I do two things.

I get a light bit of reading on the subject such as an Exam Cram 2 or Passport series book and just keep hitting the highlights, making sure the knowledge stays fresh.

I also get some mock test software or find a good mock test (not braindump) site in the web and practice answering questions. About the best I've found is Transcender but I hear ExamForce is pretty good too (I've only used Transcender, tho).
    You could also try StudyExam4Less software. I've never used it, but I worked with Tcat Houser and contributed some content to his study guide on the A+ exam and I know he is very through.

Hope some of this helps. Good Luck on sitting the A+

EDIT: Thought I'd post another link to StudyExam4Less showing the catalog of mock test software they offer.

Just for giggles, I thought I'd throw in this link. My name isn't listed because there were so many of us writing parts of the book. If you want to see who (besides me), click here

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. qcha1o

qcha1o Bit Poster

HI there
    i'm in the same boat as you waiting to hear about the dates for there in center

Certifications: A+
    WIP: ??on a break
  5. arvy

arvy Bit Poster

hi qcha1o . glad you passed a+ mocks. do you use computeach
    forums?. i think we have to wait about 5 weeks for in centre date. good luck.

6. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Way to go Arvy. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  7. qcha1o

qcha1o Bit Poster

Hi Arvy
    no i have not used their forums, not sure how long we have to wait before we hear about the incenter days.
    How you getting on with the discs they sent you?
    Good luck to you to, might see you there.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: ??on a break
  8. arvy

arvy Bit Poster

yo qcha1o. just got the transcender discs today, will attempt them after a bit more study. trying to memorise all the irq's, dma's, scsi speeds and cable lengths, memory
    modules, cpu sockets etc etc etc. very boring!!.

9. MrNice

MrNice Kilobyte Poster

Well done on passing the mocks, I have recently passed my A+ with Conputeach and am currently attempting the 70-270 exam. My first bit of advice is dont even think about the material they just sent you for the next stage.
    you get a marker pen and laminate sheet to write notes on, I memorised the following table and had it written on the sheet before I clicked start (allowed)
    Com1 3F8 IRQ 4
    Com2 2F8 3 Quite easy to memorise the patterns
    Com3 3E8 4
    Com4 2E8 3
    LPT1 378 7
    LPT2 278 5
    PHDD 1F0
    SHDD 170

HTH