computeach 220-301/302 mock problems

Discussion in 'A+' started by cazzam35, Dec 28, 2004.

1. cazzam35

cazzam35 Kilobyte Poster

Hi all
    I am currently doing my 220-301/302 combined mock exam with computeach. and it's doing my head in really, i have submitted now 8 times and constantly getting return results of 80% to 87%.
    I know that i know the material, but i'm just getting to the point now that i'm changing right answers for wrong ones and just getting totally confused more.
    Has anyone passed this section with computeach and would you be willing to share your results with me.
    I've had 4 people giving me help and guidance through this who are all A+ and mcse qualified, and some of the questions have stumpted them, so at least i know i'm not thick.
    I have almost 7Gb of exam cram sheets, testking sheets, in fact anything you could possibly have really and still no good

please please someone help me?

All i want now is to get past this mock so i can get onto the exam as i'm fairly confident i will pass it - you can email your results or guidence to [email protected]

Certifications: currently doing A+/MCSE
    WIP: Curr/Supervisor/Duty Mgr/Retail DIY
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi Cazzam, firstly sorry to hear about your struggles - chin up tho. :D

I do have to ask you to be wary of exactly what "study materials" you mention with regards to your exam preps, as we have strict Guidelines with regards to the use of illegal material, braindumps, etc. Obviously its up to you if you use them, but please be careful about mentioning them in posts - if caught using these materials, it may render your exam results null and void.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. cazzam35

cazzam35 Kilobyte Poster

Hiya, got your reference with the sheets, they are helpsheets etc, not cheats.
    I've had a few question and answer sheets in the past and found out they had wrong answers on them - somone's idea of a joke i think. Stopped using them ages ago.

The stuff i've got are pdf manuals, on all windows operating systems, software and hardware, printers etc, like training manuals.

this exam is really starting to get me down, but i know cheating isn't the way, this is just the mock, and i feel i will have no problem with the actual exam, i've spent a small fortune on books and reference material, got about 8 different books, so I should be able to get through this???? should

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Nice one, Cazzam - thanks for clearing that one up :D

Glad you agree with the general feeling on this site, re cheating - you'll find you're in good company :thumbleft

Now back to the matter in hand - keep yer head up, and ask us about any areas we might be able to help you in :D

5. cazzam35

cazzam35 Kilobyte Poster

Not sure where to start really?
    I've submitted 8 times now and just can't seem to get the required 90% pass mark, Ive been hitting 80% to 87% each time.

I'm currently going through each and every question yet again, but feel i'm now changing right answers for wrong one's and i'm to the point of just confusing myself more and more?

I know a few people who have done A+ and mcse so i give them the Q&A sheet for a laugh to see if i was thick.

I submitted it with the answers they thought were right and they got 76%?? at least i know i'm not thick!

i've now read through 3 books, Sybex A+ Complete / Exam Cram 2nd edition A+ and numerous reference manuals,
    I've purchased Windows NT/95/98/98SE/ME/2000/2000 server and both XP Home and XP Proffesional - all proper software and licenced. I have 3 computers at home, two of them networked, and one is stand alone which i use to load and learn from in reformatting all the software i have?

I just feel i'm banging my head against a wall now and going backwards instead of forward. I'm convinced now that i'm changing correct answers for wrong ones cos i'm trying too hard with it all - where am i going wrong???

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

If I may offer my personal opinion here, I feel you are now at the dangerous stage where you are undoing the good work you have undoubtedly put in up till now. You're frustrated at the tests your provider is giving you, and being forced into making irrational choices where you know you are actually correct.

It sounds to me like you are clued up on the material, you have more than enough experience of the hardware and OS's (going by what you state above) and you have your head screwed on enough to know that your marks are not representative of the knowledge you possess. All this adds up to delaying the real exam, and actually risking your chances of what should almost certainly be a pass on the real thing.

There have been various reports of these mock tests your provider is making you sit, and I believe the general consensus is that you just be firm and ask that you be allowed to take the real test, regardless of the provider's requirements beforehand.

After all, it's your money on the line, you've paid for the exam - you deserve the right to sit it when you feel you are ready.

My 2€ worth.

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

It seems that you have only used one major study guide. The Exam Cram2 series is meant only as a memory jogger rather than an exam guide in and of itself. Of course, I don't know what the other "numerous reference manuals" you mention are.

I've used some of the Sybex books in the past but in most cases, I prefer to use two major study guides when boning up for an exam. There are bound to be details that one book includes that the other misses.

You might want to consider investing in the
    Mike Meyers A+ Study Guide to see if that makes a difference. It has long been considered *the* standard guide for studying for this cert. Sometimes when you keep banging your head against a stone wall with the same materials, it's time to change tactics.

Hope it helps.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. cazzam35

cazzam35 Kilobyte Poster

A friend has the Mike Meyers A+ Study Guide which i loaned for a few weeks. The cram guide book i have is about the same size as the A+ book, but i find it explains the answers in more detail? It makes you study the question more and to distinguish the correct and wrong answers?

It helped me a lot in the early stages, cos i was jumping to conclusions instead of studying the question and READING it properly, which i'm sure many people fall into the trap of doing.

The other references I mentioned above which is spending quite a bit of dosh on the operating systems so I could install / configure and play with them all. I have numerous manuals on all the software I've purchased, user's bible's, essentials etc.

I've used the Q&A testking sheets etc, but made the mistake in my last mock of using them and found loads of wrong answers in them, but cheating the exam is only cheating me really so won't be going down that road.

This is where things get confusing as the answers have been done actually installing and checking them with the relevant operating system involved with the question? Yet they seem to be marking them wrong as the other questions in the section are 100% correct?

I'm just getting more confused with things cos I know the majority of answers are right, and i know i've changed some but still get a 87% return?

I just feel like shelving it for a month or two and taking time out really, but know i'm giving in then!

9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Maybe taking a break for a few days rather than a few months would help. It is possible to pound away on something too long and too hard. Cut yourself some slack. All you can do is your best. You'll get it.

Heck...for all I know...you could pass the actually A+ exams right now. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+