compTIA Green IT

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by shadowwebs, Apr 30, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Has anyone seen details of the Green IT examination from compTIA, I have noticed it before and just read the objectives now... is anyone even going to want this in the workplace on a serious note as part of the objectives are about 'car pooling', 'use public transport', 'compressing working week'

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Depends, there are a few "Eco" companies out there, and remember while it's a general certification, it's aimed more at the US market.

Saying that with the new work parking levy being introduce by Nottingham City Council with the view to roll it out nationally. Companies over here may soon have to take this into consideration whether or not they want to.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I definitely like the idea of compressing the work week personally! I would happily do 12 hour days if it meant I only had to work 3 day weeks. More time to spend at home with the family and stuff!

Although realistically I suspect a 4 day week of 10 hours is more likely, but even that I would much prefer to the current 5 days a week working schedule.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I would also like 4 day week, and happily work 10 hours a day for this to happen so then could have a nice balance of 4 days in and 3 days off

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  5. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

A colleague of mine has it. He talked a lot about thin-clients and virtualised servers while he was studying for it. If you seriously want a low down on it, I can find out. Just say.
    He reckons it's one for the future. A lot of companies, including the parent company of my own, like to show off their green credentials. He figured he should get it done before it became mandatory for us.

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  6. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'd also like the 4 day week, of course working 4 hours per day for full time money ;)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  7. salenayoungs

salenayoungs New Member

IT-related training, certifications and degrees can help candidates with less experience.